Fermented Vegetable Brown Rice Sushi. Assemble your sushi station: Include a cutting board, a sharp knife, a bamboo mat (or cloth towel), a bowl with water, rice, nori sheets, and the vegetables. Vegan brown rice sushi is perhaps very unorthodox, but it's just as delicious as traditional sushi rolls yet more nutritious and filling. They are also way less fussy as brown rice isn't as delicate a beast as sushi rice and does not require a lifetime of rinsing and fanning 😉.
Brown rice that has been soaked cooks much faster, so keep an eye. Easy brown rice sushi recipe with mango, cucumber, avocado, and micro greens. Serve with spicy sriracha mayo and soy sauce for dipping! You can cook Fermented Vegetable Brown Rice Sushi using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fermented Vegetable Brown Rice Sushi
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sushi rice.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 splash of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 splash of brown rice vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fermented vegetables of your choice (homemade or shop bought).
- You need 1 of sprinkle Aonori seaweed.
- You need 2 sheets of Nori seaweed.
- You need 1 of sprinkle of furikake (homemade or shop bought).
- You need 1 splash of tamari or ponzu to serve (optional).
- Prepare of Pickled ginger and wasabi to serve (optional).
Vegetable Cauliflower Rice + Quinoa Sushi – Simply Quinoa. Originally, when the fermented fish was taken out of the rice, only the fish was consumed and the fermented rice was discarded. Vegetarian sushi can be made year-round with whatever vegetables are in season. To get started, all you need are a couple of tools and a few basic ingredients.
Fermented Vegetable Brown Rice Sushi instructions
- Wash the sushi rice under running water. Add the rice to the pan and bring the water to the boil. Reduce heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 35 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to steam for a further 10 minutes. If you feel that the water has absorbed, turn off the heat a little earlier rather than burn it to the bottom. Season the sushi rice with a splash of mirin and rice wine vinegar to your taste..
- Using a sushi mat, place one sheet of nori and spread with rice. I used 2/3 of a sheet. Carefully place a line if your fermented vegetables along the middle and roll using the mat to keep it tightly together. Slice the ends to neaten, then into equally sliced portions. Repeat..
- Serve with some extra fermented vegetables, tamari or ponzu dipping sauce, ginger, wasabi or other sushi condiments..
Sure, brown rice is better for you than refined white rice. But if you cringe when you see it on sushi, there's good reason behind that, and it's rooted in But in modern times, making the perfect sushi roll means balancing the flavors and textures of the rice on the outside and the fish, vegetable, or egg on. Using brown rice in sushi is a great way to make the dish a little healthier. Spread rice in a large, non-metallic, flat-bottomed bowl. Using plastic spatula, repeatedly slice through rice at a sharp angle to break up lumps and separate grains, gradually pouring in sushi vinegar at the same time.