Ura Maki-zushi (Inside-out Sushi Rolls). Sushi rolls, or 'makizushi' in Japanese, are what most non-Japanese people think of when they think of sushi. This recipe shows you how to make a basic uramaki inside out sushi roll. Great for making multiple ones with your favourite fillings.
Found out that a cute little sushi store opened in my neighborhood! They had these delicious Ura Maki sweet potato rolls as appetizers, I totally had to. Maki-Sushi (巻き寿司, Maki-Zushi, dt. „Rollen-Sushi") sind mit einer Bambusmatte (Makisu) gerollte Stücke. You can cook Ura Maki-zushi (Inside-out Sushi Rolls) using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ura Maki-zushi (Inside-out Sushi Rolls)
- You need of Sushi Rice *Find my 'Sushi Rice' recipe at https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/1467168-sushi-rice.
- Prepare of Nori (Seaweed Sheets).
- You need of <Filling Suggestions>.
- Prepare of Cucumber & Wasabi.
- You need of Carrot (cooked in salted water).
- It’s of Avocado.
- It’s of Canned Tuna and Japanese Mayonnaise.
- You need of Omelette.
- It’s of Boiled Prawns.
- It’s of Takuan (Japanese Pickled Daikon).
- It’s of Unagi Kabayaki (Grilled & Seasoned Eel).
- It’s of Ham.
- You need of Radish Sprouts.
- Prepare of Smoked Salmon.
- Prepare of Fresh Sashimi.
- It’s of Chicken Teriyaki.
- You need of Today I used Carrot, Cucumber, Omelette and Kanpyō.
Maki-Sushi ist das bekannteste Ura-Maki gehören nicht zu den traditionellen Maki und haben ihren Ursprung vermutlich unter japanischstämmigen Amerikanern an der Pazifikküste der USA. Uramaki is the most common style of roll found in the U. S. and it has become increasingly popular in Japan. As such, it's the first roll we will cover in the How to Roll Sushi video and written instructions.
Ura Maki-zushi (Inside-out Sushi Rolls) instructions
- Place a sheet of Nori on Makisu (bamboo mat). Spread out cooled Sushi Rice on the Nori sheet evenly. You may wish to sprinkle with some Toasted Sesame Seeds or finely chopped herbs over the rice..
- Place a sheet of plastic food wrap on the Sushi Rice and gently press down. Flip over so that Nori is facing upward, and place on the Makisu (bamboo mat)..
- Place some filling on the Nori, then start to roll. Lift the nearest end of Makisu and fold over the filling, and roll tightly forward to the end, peeling off the plastic food wrap from the rice. Tightly wrap the sushi roll with the plastic food wrap..
- Cut the sushi roll wrapped in the plastic food wrap with a sharp knife into bite sized pieces. The knife becomes very sticky, so you need to wipe it frequently with a wet cloth or paper towel. *Tips: Slightly wet the knife makes cutting a lot easier..
- Remove the plastic wrap from sushi pieces, and arrange them on a serving plate..
- It is much easier to make thin Maki-zushi rolls than thick ones. To do this, you may have to cut your Nori sheets in half, and use one filling for each roll..
Elegant and delicious Uramaki (Inside-out Roll) with avocado, shrimps, and pickled ginger. Recipe with step-by-step instructions and You do need a makisu or sushi rolling mat and these are inexpensive and easily available. Uramaki is the Japanese word for inside-out rolls. They are a little more difficult to make than maki rolls are. Squeeze the roll again with the rolling mat to press the toppings onto the sushi roll.