Japanese Sushi Roll. Traditional Japanese Sushi Rolls – What comes to your mind when you hear traditional Japanese food? While Japanese cuisine is extremely varied, most people will conjure up images of sushi rolls. Making delicious sushi rolls (Maki Sushi) at home is easy with just a few ingredients like tuna Learn how to make delicious Sushi Rolls or Maki Sushi (Hosomaki) at home with step-by-step instructions.
Sliced raw fish alone is called sashimi, as distinct from sushi but tastes like garbage. Sushi rolls, or 'makizushi' in Japanese, are what most non-Japanese people think of when they think of sushi. Makizushi is made by wrapping up fillings in rice and nori seaweed. You can have Japanese Sushi Roll using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Japanese Sushi Roll
- It’s of <Sushi Rice>.
- Prepare 2 cups of Calrose rice (Japanese rice).
- Prepare 3 cups of Water (1.5 times of rice).
- You need 3 tablespoon of Sushi vinegar.
- It’s of <Ingredients>.
- It’s 1 can of Tuna.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of Mayonnaise.
- It’s 2 of Cucumber.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs (To roll inside sushi).
- Prepare Pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 6 sticks of Crab sticks.
- It’s of Some Oil.
- Prepare of <Wraps>.
- Prepare 3 slices of Seaweeds(Nori).
- You need 1 of Egg (To wrap sushi).
- It’s of <Dipping Sauce>.
- It’s of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of Wasabi.
Tuna salad sushi rolls are long sushi rolls filled with tuna salad and wrapped in rice and seaweed. This style of sushi roll is known as makizushi or maki sushi, which means rolled sushi in Japanese. Outside of Japan, sushi is considered by many as the quintessential Japanese food though it often takes on the Westernized appearance of sushi rolls, like the California roll or the salmon and. Where Japanese sushi is a delicate balance of flavors, western diners prefer bold flavors and strong colors, which explains the popularity of a roll like the "Philadelphia Roll", which includes Salmon.
Japanese Sushi Roll instructions
- Prepare "Tuna mayo". Mix well-drained tuna with mayonnaise..
- Prepare "Kani-kama(crab sticks)". Peel plastic wraps from the crab sticks and boil in hot water for 1 minute..
- Prepare "Kyuri(cucmber)". Cut cucumbers into long sticks(1 cucumber into 4 sticks)..
- Prepare "Sushi rice". Measure 2 cups of rice, wash well with water until the water will be transparent and soak into the water for at least 15 minutes.(By soaking, the rice will be soften) When the rice is cooked, move the rice into a bowl, mix with sushi vinegar and cool down the rice..
- Prepare an omelette to put inside sushi. Beat 3 eggs into a bowl. Add pinch of salt. Heat some oil in a pan, spread well with a kitchen towel and pour the egg. Use a low heat..
- When the bottom is cooked, roll it and make an omelette..
- Cut the omelette in 4 pieces..
- Prepare an egg wrap. Beat 1 egg, add pinch of salt and cook it in a pan. Carefully flip it over and place it in a place..
- Rolling!! Place the seaweed on a bamboo mat, and cover 2/3 of one side of seaweed with the sushi rice approximately 1cm high. Add all the ingredients in a line. Start rolling up the ingredients away from you, while keeping the roll tight..
- For egg wraps: If you want to try egg wraps sushi, place the thin omelette on the bamboo mat, spread the rice with 0.5cm high and stick the seaweed on it. Others will be the same as above..
- Cut the sushi in 3-5cm. (*Tips: Before cutting every piece of the roll, wipe a knife with a moist clothe).
Sushi Rolls with Surimi and Smoked Salmon. Sushi Roll on a white background. Sushi set on the wooden table. Closeup of delicious japanese food with sushi roll. • Hand roll sushi is a very popular sushi dish in Japanese home cooking. You need Sushi Rice and sheets of roasted seaweed (sushi nori), but the rest of the ingredients can be just about anything.