Easy Chirashi-zushi with Edamame. Tous Entrées Sashimi Uramaki Sushi Dragon sushi Futomaki Nigiri Gunkan Maki sushi Chirashi Assortiments Boissons Temaki sushi Desserts. With easy-to-follow video recipes and ingredients you can find anywhere, Japanese food will not be the food you only eat at restaurants! Chirashi sushi is made of sushi rice and a colorful medley of vegetables, egg crepe, sashimi as toppings.
Seven Easy Japanese Dishes to Try at Home. Gari: Japanese Pickled Ginger. "Chirashizushi" is known as scattered sushi and is served on plates or bowls with colorful toppings. It's often cooked for celebrating special occasions, such as festivals and birthdays. You can cook Easy Chirashi-zushi with Edamame using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Chirashi-zushi with Edamame
- You need 3 cups of (*180ml cup) Japanese Short Grain Sushi Rice.
- You need 1/2 of Carrot *sliced, blanched in salted water.
- Prepare 1/2-1 of Cucumber *thinly sliced, slightly salted.
- Prepare 40 g of Dried Shiitake *cooked Sweet Soy Broth (Suger 1 : Soy Sauce 2 : Mirin 1).
- It’s 1 cup of Edamame *cooked, removed from pods.
- You need of Snow Peas.
- It’s 4 of Eggs.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Oil.
- Prepare of Nori & Toasted Sesame Seeds *optional.
- Prepare of <Sushi Vinegar Ingredients>.
- You need 72 ml of Japanese Rice Vinegar.
- It’s 60 g of Sugar *slightly less 1/4 cup.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/4 teaspoons Salt.
You can use your favorite sushi toppings. Chirashi zushi or scattered sushi is a delicious form of sushi that's less familiar outside Japan. It is fast to make and full of delicious fresh flavours. On our travels in Japan we've enjoyed chirashi zushi from Osaka all the way up to Sapporo.
Easy Chirashi-zushi with Edamame step by step
- Cook Rice with slightly less amount of water to achieve firmer texture. When Rice is cooked, allow it to steam for 10 minutes..
- Make 'Sushi Vinegar' by mixing Rice Vinegar, Sugar and Salt. Pour it over the HOT cooked rice, then empty it into a large mixing bowl..
- Mix it well gently and thoroughly, fanning the rice with a fan or piece of cardboard to help the rice cool quickly. Quick cooling gives a glossy texture to the rice..
- Cover the rice with a damp cloth to stop the rice drying out..
- Prepare other ingredients for mixing and topping..
- Place thinly sliced Cucumber into a bowl, add Salt and massage, then rest for a while. Squeeze the Cucumber to remove excess water..
- Soak the Dried Shiitake in cold water until soft, drain and slice thinly. (OR use already sliced Dried Shiitake.) Place in a sauce pan, add just enough water to cover, 1 tablespoon Sugar, 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce & 1 tablespoon Mirin, cook for 20 minutes or the broth is thickened. Set aside to cool and squeeze slightly to remove excess liquid..
- Heat small amount of Oil in a frying pan and cook Eggs to make firm & dry scrambled egg. Transfer to a plate..
- Carrot and Snow Peas need to be blanched in salted water. Do not over cook..
- Mix Sushi Rice, Cucumber, Edamame and Shiitake to combine..
- Finally decorate with toppings..
It's a delicious bed of perfectly seasoned sushi rice topped with. Chirashi Zushi is an easy sushi lunch anyone can love. You can make it with all your favorite ingredients. Sushi is not just rolled sushi with nori sheets. As the name suggests, Chirashi zushi is the easiest type of sushi that anyone can make because as long as you prepare the sushi rice and.