Veg Sushi with leftover rice. Use Leftover Sushi Rice To Make Mochi. For this recipe, you will need sticky sushi rice and potato starch. Food safety: Why leftover rice can be risky.
Bring to a boil and continue whisking until the salt and sugar have dissolved. If you are anything like me you probably hate throwing away perfectly good food. You might be smart enough to calculate every last ingredient of your sushi night, or, you might be left out with a few pieces of fish and a bowl of sushi rice you stick back into the fridge not having any. You can cook Veg Sushi with leftover rice using 20 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Veg Sushi with leftover rice
- It’s 1 cup of leftover or cooked rice.
- Prepare 2 of medium sized Potatoes.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Chilli flakes.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chopped Coriander leaves.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of black Sesame seeds.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 piece of Butter paper/baking sheet.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of cooking oil to grease the butter paper+hand+knife.
- It’s of For Stuffing.
- It’s 1 cup of red Lentil (masoor daal).
- You need 1 of big chopped Onion.
- You need 2 of chopped green Chillies.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of chopped Coriander leaves.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Kasuri methi.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Coriander powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Cooing oil.
- Prepare of Salt as per taste.
Sushi rice and sticky rice are two different types of grains and have different textures and flavors. Sushi rice is a short grain rice from Japan that becomes sticky when prepared properly and is used for sushi and sashimi rolls. Store leftover rice in the fridge in an airtight container for up to one week. With this healthy sushi rice recipe you can add fun and creativity to create other sushi flavors that you love!
Veg Sushi with leftover rice step by step
- Pressure cook the daal until soft and mussy with little water and salt..
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and saute chopped onion and chopped green chillies for 2-3 minutes..
- When onions become light golden brown add the cooked dal..
- Stir well to mix in medium heat and add cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt (if needed)..
- Stir well and add kasuri methi and coriander leaves..
- Mix nicely with spatula, add chopped capsicum and remove from heat..
- Mix well and keep the mixture to cool..
- Now for the outer layer, take 1 cup of leftover rice to a mixer grinder..
- Take 2 boiled potatoes, peel, chop roughly and add to the grinder..
- Grind until the mixture becomes a soft dough..
- Transfer to a mixing bowl..
- Add garlic powder,chilli flakes, little salt and coriander leaves..
- Mix well with your hand (grease hand with little oil)to well incorporate..
- Clean your hand, take a butter paper/baking paper and brush with little oil..
- Now put the rice mixture to the greased paper..
- Grease your hand again and spread the mixture to make a thin rectangular sheet..
- Take lentil mixture and place over the rice sheet..
- Spread with your fingers to make a thin layer. Leave some spaces on edges empty..
- Now with the help of the butter paper, very carefully start rolling from one side..
- Continue to roll taking help of the paper to make a log(grease your hand before rolling)..
- Grease a knife and trim the sides of the sushi roll..
- Sprinkle some black sesame seeds on the top..
- Now with the greased knife slice the roll (1 inch thick)..
- Place each slice on a serving plate and serve as snack..
What about fusion style sushi or Sushi burritos are all the flavor of sushi with only half the finicking. Wrap your favorite (vegan) sushi ingredients in a cocoon of sushi rice and a sheet of nori. With fillings like eggplant, tofu, and sweet potatoes, vegetarian sushi is the best sushi! The flavor possibilities are endless, and if you aren't quite motivated to roll your own, you can easily make a sushi bowl. Sushi is a dish originating from Japan that consists of cooked rice and other ingredients, such as fish or seafood, that is wrapped in seaweed called "nori." You are supposed to consume sushi while it is fresh, so if you've ordered too much, storing it without ruining the texture of the rice can be a challenge.