Chirashi zushi (beautifully scattered sushi). Scattered Sushi (Chirashi Sushi) is often made for special occasions such as Doll Festival and birthdays. This beautifully arranged sushi is the easiest of all 'Chirashi' (ちらし) means scattered and 'zushi' (寿司) is the same word as 'sushi' (the sound changes when appended to another word). Chef Jonathan, the executive chef from the RingSide Fish House is here this week to show you how to make a "Scattered Sushi"!!!
You can use your favorite sushi toppings. Chirashi zushi or scattered sushi is a delicious form of sushi that's less familiar outside Japan. On our travels in Japan we've enjoyed chirashi zushi from Osaka all the way up to Sapporo. You can have Chirashi zushi (beautifully scattered sushi) using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chirashi zushi (beautifully scattered sushi)
- It’s of Salmon(raw).
- It’s 30 of Prawns.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- You need 5 of Shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 10 of extra fine beans.
- You need 600 g of Rice (4gou).
- You need of Roasted seaweed.
- It’s of Wasabi.
- Prepare of Rice vinegar, Sugar, Salt, Mirin, Soy sauce.
- Prepare of White wine.
It's a delicious bed of perfectly seasoned sushi rice topped with anything from a layer to a mound of fresh. Chirashizushi is one of the most common sushi varieties prepared in Japanese households. This unusual version (often referred to as scattered sushi) consists of a bowl of sushi rice complemented with a wide group of ingredients that are either layered on top or mixed in the rice. There really is no "set" recipe for chirashi sushi and the ingredients tend to vary regionally.
Chirashi zushi (beautifully scattered sushi) step by step
- Steam rice.
- Mix 5tbs rice vinegar, 2 tbs sugar and 2 tea spoons salt. Pour half of the mixed vinegar onto the steamed rice and mix well..
- Pour the remaining sushi vinegar onto the rice, mix well and leave. It's better to cover with some cloths if it takes more than 30 mins..
- Cut salmon into 1cm size dice. Mix 1 tbs soy sauce, 1/2 tbs mirin and wasabi together..
- Cut the shiitake mushrooms thin. Light fry with half tbs oil. Add 3 tbs white wine, 1 tbs sugar and 1 tbs soy sauce. Stop heating when the sauce almost disappears..
- Put the prawns into salty boiling water until the color changes. Mix 3 tbs rice vinegar, 1 tbs sugar and 2 tbs water. Pour the prawns into the sauce..
- Mix 1 tbs of sugar, 1/2 tea spoon of soy sauce and 2 egg with long chopsticks. Then make 3 thin omelets and cut 1cm width long.
- Boil the beans in salt water for 5 min and cut into pieces so you can eat easily..
- Put rice first on a dish. Then layer prawns, salmons, shiitake mushrooms, beans and sliced egg. Put some roasted seaweed pieces randomly, then ready to eat..
Many times it may be left to either the chef's choice or customer preference also. Chirashi zushi is also called scattered sushi in English. As the name suggests, Chirashi zushi is the easiest type of sushi that anyone can make because as long as you prepare the sushi rice and toppings, then you just scatter the toppings over the sushi rice. Chirashi zushi means "scattered sushi": sushi rice spread on a plate and artfully decorated with seafood, vegetables, crêpe-thin fried egg and other For chirashi zushi, impeccable ingredients are a must. When selecting your fish and seafood make sure you get sashimi-grade so you know it's as.