Sushi Bake. I designed a sushi bake that's been a hit at family parties, business events and pot lucks. This is a simpler version and knowing not everyone has access to. Sushi Bake is the latest gastronomic trend that gives you a deconstructed version of the original Japanese rolled Sushi.
The anatomy of a sushi bake. Just like most food trends, we're not quite. This baked sushi casserole packed with imitation crab, furikake, and fish roe is broiled for a toasty finish. You can have Sushi Bake using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sushi Bake
- Prepare 3 cups of cooked sushi rice.
- It’s 1 lb of lump crabmeat (variation: cooked shrimp or sauteed scallops.
- Prepare 1 lb of imitation crab sticks, chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of Japanese mayonnaise.
- Prepare 2 stalks of green onion, thinly chopped.
- Prepare To taste of Wasabi paste or Sriracha sauce, (optional).
- You need 2 T of tobikko or roe, optional.
- It’s 1 jar of nori furikaki seaweed flakes (find at Asian grocery store).
- You need 1 Package of Seasoned Seaweed Sheets, cut into rectangles.
Sushi Bake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Sushi Bake is a deconstructed sushi roll in a baking tray, packed with salmon, imitation crab meat, mayonnaise, sriracha, avocado Sushi Bake is a new exciting way to eat your favorite Japanese dish. The idea behind Sushi Bake is that it's deconstructed sushi that's baked in a pan or casserole. It's a ginormous flattened out sushi, made with a layer of fluffy Japanese rice, baked and shredded fish.
Sushi Bake instructions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees..
- Mix lump crabmeat, crab sticks, Japanese mayonnaise, green onion, wasabi paste/Sriracha sauce, and fish roe..
- Press cooked sushi rice onto a 9×13 pan..
- Sprinkle 1/2 jar of Nori Furikake onto pressed rice..
- Spread crab mixture on top..
- Sprinkle the remaining Nori Furikaki on top of the mixture..
- Place in oven and cook until the top is a golden brown color, about 5-10 minutes..
- Serve on plates with cut seaweed sheets. Use the seaweed as a wrap..
We thought sushi bake was just another trendy thing, but damn, this shit's good. Here's how to make this easy casserole/taco/sushi at home! Add a spoonful of baked sushi on each seaweed, fold it into a roll and serve immediately. This recipe is far removed from the precise art of sushi-making, but still delicious. A take on the Japanese staple, sushi bake is essentially a deconstructed sushi The sushi bake trend also presented an entrepreneurial opportunity for home cooks like Kim.